CROWN XLS5000 Macro Tech Power Amplifier
Massive power; unequaled reliability
The Crown XLS 5000 power amp delivers 1800 watts per channel in four-ohm stereo mode, and a staggering 5000 watts in four-ohm bridge-mono mode. Housed in a rugged, 3U, all-steel chassis, the highly reliable XLS 5000 is equipped with an efficient forced-air fan to prevent excessive thermal buildup. The front panel sports dual precision-detented rotary level controls, a power switch with accompanying LED, and six additional LEDs indicating signal, clip, and fault for each channel. Rear panel connections include two electronically balanced XLR inputs as well as touch-proof binding post and Speakon outputs.
- Reliable design incorporates many popular features
- Housed in a rugged, all-steel 3U chassis
- Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel.
- Sensitivity (volts RMS) for full rated power at 4 ohms: 1.25 V.
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt) 22 Hz to 20 kHz: +0 dB, 0.8dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20 Hz to 20 kHz)_A-weighted, below rated power: _>98 dB. _No weighting, below rated power: _>93 dB.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.5%.
- Intermodulation Distortion (IMD):_(60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) from full rated output to 40 dB: < 0.3%.
- Damping Factor (8 ohm) 10 Hz to 400 Hz: >200.
- Crosstalk (below rated power)_at 1 kHz: 76 dB. at 20 kHz: 58 dB.
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kilohms balanced, 10 kilohms unbalanced.
- Load Impedance: Rated for 2 to 8 ohms per channel in Stereo, 4 to 8 ohms in Bridge Mono.
- AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (±10%): 120 VAC 60 Hz, 100 VAC 50/60 Hz, 220 VAC 50 Hz, and 230-240 VAC
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19" x 5.25" 15.5"
- Weight: 35kg